Tuesday 15 January 2013

Blogception

That's a blog post about blogs, but you already knew that. This blog has been up for just over a year now and I had another one before that, I've known people who had before that as well. However it's only recently that other people's blogs have really started to attract my interest. I only 3 blogs at the moment... and two of those are the same person so...
The reason I write a blog is to clear my head of random or obsessive thoughts to try and give me a chance to think freely on the inside of my head. It never works of course, the thoughts that really clog up my head are not ones I'll be making public any-time soon. I find writing helps anyway, clearing out the little things makes a bit of room for the rest.
You might think that's a stupid reason to start a blog, to you I say this: come up with a better one. You can use a computer well enough to get here, so you're perfectly capable of having a blog at least as good as this one. You might think no one will read it, that's what I always think, but even this little pile of crap gets around 50-120 views a day, it might not sound like a it but it isn't bad. There are over 7 thousand-million people in this world (I refuse to contribute to the american devaluing of a billion) there are people out there who you will never meet that share your interests, so share with them.
It's not like you have to share anything near your life story with the internet, focus on one interest if you want to, there are as many niche blogs out there as there are niche interests. Take Emily's blog, "Common People" for example, I would have never thought about blogging about hashtags, but frankly it's one of the funniest things on the internet, so there is really nothing wrong with a tight focus. Can't decide what to focus on? Make more than one blog then! The other two blogs I follow are Megan's general blog "A little splash of magic" and the more specific "A little splash of music" if she has the time to set up a second blog (one she claims will have daily posts) during the January exams, then you certainly have time to run one for however many interests you have. Leave it for a few weeks if you're busy or bored, then come back when you want.
The world is a big place, there are all sorts of people in it, people who share your interests. The only way to know that these people exist is to share your interests and let the world know about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment