Sunday 25 November 2012

Flirting, seriously why?

Before I start I'll just say, I am going to try to keep this as free from depressing narcissism as I can, but being me I'm sure there's going to be a little bit mixed in here.  That said I do wish I was capable of flirting, I can make friends with people I like past that I just sort of shut down, it's rather impressive in a way. Anyway, on with pseudo-science that is my opinion.
Evolution is supposed to select the best characteristics for the survival of a species, so why have we developed a system of behaviour that seems only to make life harder. Why is it required to prance about with subtle hints instead of it being normal to say how you feel and move on from there (Some people can do that but you have to be good at it)
Obviously I'm not saying we should be like animals and just be like "here I am, lets reproduce!" No, that would be insane. Knowing someone before getting into a relationship matters obviously, what I'm saying is that should be what's going on obviously.
Thinking about it, this sort of subtlety should be removed from all sorts of human interaction, think how much easier life would be if you had no doubts about how people feel about you? That way you wouldn't have to be changing you behaviour to cover any possibility you can foresee when in fact their mind is made up about you.
I know it sounds like I can just change my actions and deal with this issue myself, but human social structures bind me with rules about tolerating people I don't like and other ridiculous actions. This goes back to my older post about how much easier life would be if I was socio-pathic.

No comments:

Post a Comment