Thursday 22 November 2012

Mornin' Children

I just read a (first) blog post that ended mentioning one post blogs, I know mine isn't but it still made me feel guilty about not posting for so long. Yes I know it's hardly letting anyone down, I also know that writing because you feel like you should rather than because you have something to write about almost makes a shit post inevitable, but I'm writing it anyway because fuck you, that's why.
Since my last post a few things of note have happened to the world, I'll do two quickly in this post to get me back into writing, starting with the big one at the start of this month; apparently the American people are not as insane as they seem. I'm talking of course about the re-election of Barrack Obama, the cool, non-crazy democrat. Beating Mitt Romney, the insane, slightly scary republican candidate, by over 100 electoral collage votes. The fact that the BBC called 100 points the line when the word landslide becomes appropriate shows just how badly saying 47% of the country doesn't matter to you can be. 4 more years of democrat control is good for both America and, by extension, the world as Romney would have been a diplomatic and economic nightmare, he wanted to be the CEO of the USA, not the president. I wouldn't be surprised if Romney ran again in 2016, hopefully the democrats can find someone as charismatic as the two men running this year.
I feel better already, I might even write a full and coherent post on one topic before December, anyway on two point two. The ancient Israel/Palestine/Gaza has flared up again, by the way this is a situation that would be far far worse if Romney was in the white house, but this conflict is unique this year as it is not a democratic revolution like the ones across north Africa and the Arabian peninsula, this is a genuine nation on nation conflict. No more important in motivation but all the more worrying as both sides of the conflict have indisputable buildings and large weapon stores, this makes the bombardment of civilian cites all two easy. The worst thing is that both sides are firing at the other because the other fired at them, it's a never ending tit for tat war that will end in an invasion if it doesn't drop off to a simmer again as it has been before. As I had no plan to write this I'm not as informed as I like to be so I'll stop here before delivering an untruth.
I've just realised how much I missed writing, so I'm sure I'll return to the blogging world for at least another few weeks, hopefully longer. So, until I write again.

No comments:

Post a Comment