Monday 26 November 2012

The Lovell List

I discovered something interesting today, apparently I get embarrassed when questioned about my obsessive nature, or more accurately the current focus of that part of me (subsequently I withdraw all objections to Megan changing her name on twitter, I get it now) Still, I'll be damned if a few blushes in a mechanics lesson is going to stop my fangirling (I'm pretty sure that is the correct term as I do tend to get rather squeally and effeminate, it's quite something) I'd decided yesterday I was going to do the list so I am.
I've called this post the Lovell list after Mrs L as she ordered everyone at the party in a field (It's not a festival!) to have it finished (no one did, poor Mrs L) but it's hardly a unique thing. It's simply a list of the five famous people that you would (and if you're in a relationship, are allowed to) sleep with if by some bizarre twisted miracle the opportunity should arise, lets not waste time thinking about that now. That's pretty much all the rules as long as they're properly famous (for example I would consider Athene Roberts but can't because the three daft monkeys aren't that famous)
Once you finish reading this I want you to comment with your version of the list, just the names will do, but any reasoning will be appreciated.
Anywho, I promised you a list, so a list you shall have. From 5 to 1, because that's all dramatic and such like. The names are all spelt as they should be, it's just Americans can't spell, so be nice to them.

5. Kat Dennings
There's a chance this one is more for a character than a person but it's my list so shut up. Kat Dennings is hot, don't agree? Look left a bit, still disagree? Go away. The character Max from two broke girls is just brilliant, it's one of the rudest sit-coms America does, largely thanks to Max delivering lines like "You don't need a good nine hours (sleep) you need a good nine inches." Every line, no matter how crude or childish is so perfectly done that it's always hilarious. Max is rude, self-reliant and very distrusting of basically everyone, any actress who can make that character both consistently funny and likeable has to deserve a place on the list



4. Hayley Williams
I admit, I no longer listen to, or have a massively high opinion of Paramore's music (there are a lot of worse artists out there, but my tastes have moved on) but we're not taking about music here are we? No matter what you think of the band you have to admit that Hayley Williams is one of the most beautiful people in the world and the youngest on this list at 23. Being a redhead doesn't hurt either, even if it isn't naturally that colour. Her voice is sexy, the way she dresses is sexy, just accept it Hayley Williams is sexy.





3. Kari Byron
I didn't know what a "milf" was when I started watching mythbusters, because it was years ago, then Kari Byron had a child and it suddenly made sense to me. Anyone with a university degree famous for working on a science show that can still place number 69 (te-he) oh FHM's sexiest women in the world list in 2008 has to be something a little bit special. She is one of the smartest people on TV, and certainly one of the sexiest. She's had galleries displaying her sculptures and then went into blowing things up for a living, a mix of science and art like that shows just how smart she is and smart is sexy!




Before we move on numbers 5-3 can be disputed and changed about between quite a few people, but the top two are way out in front, but then they are very close to each other. A single line in a song/film could swap them over but as it is I'm sticking with it this way round for now.

2. Katherine Jenkins
Remember earlier when I said my musical tastes had changed? Well they changed to classical and to the best selling classical singer in British history, the beautiful and stupidly talented Katherine Jenkins. She was a singer I was aware of for years but had never been interested in, now I can listen to her for hours without having to move or do anything at all. She has one of the best voices in the world (it's a close call with her and Helena, but for totally different reasons) No one can sing anywhere near as well as she can (believe me, I've tried) and she seems like a genuinely nice and down to earth person (obviously I've not met anyone on the list so I cant say first hand) so of the whole list she is the one who I think is most normal, not boring normal just nice and normal. So she's an obvious number two, who was number one when I started writing tonight, I told you it was close at this end.







1. Helena Bonham-Carter
It took far, far longer to pick that photo than any of the previous ones, how am I meant to pick one picture that shows just how amazing and iconic the brilliant and beautiful HBC is? The woman is amazing, a mother of two who works full time (not at a normal job but still full time) HBC is amazing in every one of the ridiculous number of roles she's played, a fact that's made all the more impressive by the range of characters she's portrayed. Everything the woman does, from the understated Olivia in 12th night to the utterly marvellously mental Bellatrix Lestange in the Harry Potter films, is played to perfection, she is without a doubt one of the greatest actresses alive today. She is four years older than my mother, but so brilliant at just about everything that there is no way anyone else could go at the top of the list. Plus her voice is so amazingly calming and slightly posh, I want to fall asleep to it. I want her to marry and adopt me at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment