Wednesday 2 May 2012

Why the world needs bloggers

I was ordered to write a blog on blogs earlier and was not planning on complying until I realised that, as the Murdoch monopoly is currently being torn down around his ears, independent news blogs will become more prominent. While most, mine included, offer little or no real news signing up to blog at least gives you the chance to find and read real news. For this reason I am happy that other people I know have set up blogs, regardless of their content or reason.
That is in fact the point of my praise, no one person could ever control the bloggosphere any more than they could the internet. So every blog, from the million hitters to the tens, from the most inanely personal to the most informative news blog, every single one is a piece of freedom that will be very hard to take legally, and together they greatly protect the free media.
So whatever your blog may be I support and encourage it, even if I have no interest or even disagree with what you're saying. Freedom of speech is more important than whatever it is you're saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment